Club President's Message
- Narrow the focus on club’s service projects
- Be more than a “wallet” and be willing to say No from time to time
- Have a conversation with the Akron Public Schools about helping them out in other ways? Possibly provide leaders and mentors for students?
- Follow up with student scholarship recipients to provide any mentoring
- Investigate awarding scholarships to local students study abroad.
- Get more members engaged with Rotary Camp; give more Camp updates at lunch; remind Rotarians about Thursday and Sunday Camp visits
- Akron Children’s Hospital; the DWTS event was mentioned
- Akron General CEO
- Akron Mayor Dan Horrigan
- Akron Public Schools - David James
- Akron Snow Angels- Erin Victor
- Akron Symphony Conductor/Detroit Conductor
- Akron Police Chief James Nice
- Bit Factory
- Directors from ADM Board, DD Board, Children Services
- Haven of Rest
- Kyle Kutuchief
- Leadership Akron - Mark Scheffler
- LeBron James Family Foundation
- New Goodyear CEO
- Polar Bear Club
- Summa CEO
- Summit County Health Department
- United Way- Jim Mullen
- University of Akron
- WAKR to give an update on what is happening in Akron, in Ohio and the region
- Spotlight a Rotarian at each meeting allowing 3-5 minute presentations.
- If it’s important to our community, Rotary should be engaged, i.e. heroin epidemic
- Educate Akron Rotarians about Rotary International (Quarterly)
- What projects are there?
- What’s our role in deciding on international projects?
- Introduce new members to Paul Harris Fellowships – explain financial commitment and lottery.
- Create new ways to give
- Grow the International Committee
- Where do Paul Harris Funds go?
- Broaden fundraising beyond the Camp and Chili Open
- Define local/district/international role in service projects and RI
- Raise Akron Rotary’s service project awareness – focus on Internal speakers throughout the year.
Congratulations to Sandy Naragon as she completes her year as President of The Rotary Club of Akron.
Congratulations to fellow Akrotarian Cheryl Warren, who completes her year as Rotary District 6630 Governor.
Best wishes to those who will follow each of these outstanding, dynamic women from our Club!
DISCOUNTS & SPECIAL OFFERS
HOW TO REDEEM OFFERS
If you would like to know more about Rotary, or attend a meeting as our guest, please contact Cheryl at 330-495-9814.